The hot dry climate of 2015 has created a complex and powerful wine which exhibits rich melon and citrus flavors complimented by hints of honey and toasted hazelnut. A finely poised acidity adds to a lasting finish.
- The Vineyard – This chardonnay block is located on a steep south facing slope where the vines are dry grown without irrigation. The vines are hand pruned and bud numbers are managed to create a vine balance. Extensive canopy management is carried to control high vigor in wetter seasons and mixtures of chardonnay clones are cultivated on our white clay soils to produce excellent vine vitality and a balanced harvest.
- The 2015 vintage was produced in a very dry summer season of Paroa Bay.
- The Winemaking – The fruit was gently handpicked in small open crates in order to preserve the integrity of the fruit. It was whole bunch pressed and fermented in a mix of seasoned and new French Oak Barrels and left to age on its lees for around 10 months
- Tasting Notes – The hot dry climate of 2015 has created a complex and powerful wine which exhibits rich melon and citrus flavors complimented by hints of honey and toasted hazelnut. A finely poised acidity adds to a lasting finish.
- Cellaring/Food Match – It will mature really well over the next 4-6 years. Best to have with meat, pasta, bbq and fresh seafood.
- Bottling Date – February, 2015
- Technical details:
1. Region: 100% Northland
2. Variety: 100% Chardonnay
3. Alcohol: 12.5%
4. pH: 3.4
5. Harvest Date: February, 2016
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Wine received damaged upon delivery will be replaced or fully refunded. Requesting to kindly take some photos on arrival if such an incident occurs.
Orders may be cancelled due to availability; a full refund would apply.
All pricing displayed on this site are in the currency indicated and include GST and any other taxes. All purchases are subject to the laws of New Zealand.
New Zealand order = 1 bottle
International order = 12 bottles
All New Zealand deliveries are couriered and can take up to 2 – 6 working days to arrive. Paroa Bay Winery cannot guarantee the precise date and time of delivery due to third party involvement for deliveries. A signature upon delivery is required unless permission is received at the time of ordering requesting to deliver without a signature.