- The Vineyard – This chardonnay block is located on a steep south facing slope where the vines are dry grown without irrigation. The vines are hand pruned and bud numbers are managed to create a vine balance. Extensive canopy management is carried to control high vigor in wetter seasons and mixtures of chardonnay clones are cultivated on our white clay soils to produce excellent vine vitality and a balanced harvest.
- The Winemaking – The fruit was gently handpicked in small open crates in order to preserve the integrity of the fruit. It was whole bunch pressed and fermented in stainless steel tank.
- Tasting Notes – Calm, balanced and intriguing aromas with suggestions of white peach and lemon, white blossom and stones. A saline note adds complexity. An equally calm and balanced wine on the palate with flavours that mirror the nose, some apple flavour emerges with moderate acidity.
- Cellaring/Food Match – Drink now until 2021. Great with seafood, lean meat and light chicken dishes.
- Bottling Date – March 2019
- Technical details
1. Region: 100% Northland
2. Variety: 100% Chardonnay
3. Alcohol: 12.5%
4. pH: 3.15
5. Harvest Date: March, 2018
Unoaked Chardonnay 2018
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Wine received damaged upon delivery will be replaced or fully refunded. Requesting to kindly take some photos on arrival if such an incident occurs.
Orders may be cancelled due to availability; a full refund would apply.
All pricing displayed on this site are in the currency indicated and include GST and any other taxes. All purchases are subject to the laws of New Zealand.
New Zealand order = 1 bottle
International order = 12 bottles
All New Zealand deliveries are couriered and can take up to 2 – 6 working days to arrive. Paroa Bay Winery cannot guarantee the precise date and time of delivery due to third party involvement for deliveries. A signature upon delivery is required unless permission is received at the time of ordering requesting to deliver without a signature.